We enjoyed Budapest, even if we couldn’t communicate with anyone there. Regardless of what’s in the guide books, here’s what we personally enjoyed most in the city:
- Sitting and putting our feet in the water at the fountain on Margaret Island, plus driving a four-person buggy around the island.
- Eating a giant langos from the market. At the time, I thought I wouldn’t have to eat again until now (five months later).
- The Terror Museum, which made me realize how bad things had been in Soviet-era Hungary.
- Sitting and putting our feet in the water at the fountain on Margaret Island. Very relaxing.
- B and my cousin L running across Memento (sculpture) Park to try to imitate a statue of the proud proletariat workers. (Some of the other mimicry was also funny.
- Just wandering around with my cousin and her boyfriend. It was relaxed and nice to relate.
N’s Memorable Food: Costes. If I had to pick a dish, then my veal.