Neighborhood: Thong Sala
Also Called: Town, Port
- Lots of different restaurants and shops are within easy walking distance. This also means that food tends to be more affordable, because there are many options.
- It’s fairly equidistant from various parts of the island, from the parties on the east side to the beaches of the west side, and the waterfalls and activities in the north.
- It’s fairly quiet and residential, and you can see how local people live.
- It’s not directly on the beach, so if you want to walk out of your room into the ocean, this is not the place for you.
- The fancier and more isolated resorts are not here.
Should You Stay There?
We liked it a lot; if you’re exploring Thai culture and food, then yes! But if you’re coming to the Thai islands as a beach retreat, then no, don’t stay here.