Neighborhood: Haw Par Villa
Also Called: Queenstown, West Side
- It’s peaceful and quiet.
- It’s quite safe, though that’s true of much of Singapore.
- You can see how people actually live, rather than just the touristy spots.
- It’s close to the Harbourfront (where Sentosa is) and a wholesale market for produce, along with several hawker centres.
- It’s not near most other local attractions, like the downtown area, Orchard Road, the museums, etc. It’s also pretty far from the airport (relatively speaking).
- Depending on where exactly in the neighborhood you are, you may be 15-20 minutes away from eateries.
Should You Stay There?
Not unless you’ll be in town for a while. We don’t regret staying here, but it was a bit of a trek to attractions and even to food.